Cuppa and daily quizzes: January 12, 2022
#OnThisDay – In 1876, the American novelist Jack London, author of Call of the wild (1903) and White Fang (1906), was born in San Francisco.
- Which 1985 film directed by Joel Schumacher centers around seven Georgetown graduates?
- What type of vehicle does Robert De Niro drive in the title of a 1976 Martin Scorsese film?
- Which Culture Club singer was born George Alan O’Dowd?
- In the Harry Potter book series, which character is described as having a “wild tangled beard”?
- The common expression “on the ground” which means beaten is taken from which sport?
- In ballet, what “A” is a movement where the body is supported on one leg with the other leg extended directly behind the body?
- The condition “hyperacusis” is sensitivity to what?
- What is the name of the supreme deity from Norse mythology?
- What caffeinated tonic wine is produced by monks in a Devon abbey?
- Take That teamed up with which Scottish 60s singer on “Relight My Fire” in 1993?
Answers of January 11:
Questions: 1. “Black Mask” was the working title of which hit Quentin Tarantino movie? 2. What does the Beaufort scale measure? 3. Which Anglo-Italian engineer obtained a radio patent in London in 1897? 4.What kind of clothes is a Glengarry? 5.What word in the phonetic alphabet designates for the letter K? 6. Which country legend known for “Island in the Stream” and “The Gambler” passed away in March 2020? 7.Eric Carle has written a series of children’s books on A Very Hungry … what? 8. Which English club won the FA Cup in 2014 and 2015? 9. Which astrological sign is represented by the twins Castor and Pollux? 10.What Tolstoy’s novel begins “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. “?
Answers: 1.Pulp Fiction 2.Wind force 3.Guglielmo Marconi 4.Hat or beanie 5.Kilo 6.Kenny Rogers 7.Caterpillar 8.Arsenal 9.Gemini 10.Anna Karenina
Get all the latest news, updates, things to do and more from your local InYourArea feed.